Who We Are
We aim to continue to create and maintain a culturally inclusive community through listening and learning from the participant and their family. That is why we will tailor our disability care in Melbourne, Victoria, to actively be engaged and have many lifestyle choices.
Your identity, culture, and diversity are valued, and you will be treated with the dignity and respect you deserve. We stand with the people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) who are hesitant to seek support due to language and culture barriers or other beliefs. Disability Diversity Care (DDCare) will offer you a service you enjoy and control.
What is NDIS?
The national disability insurance scheme (NDIS) is a commonwealth government initiative to fund the delivery of support services to people living with a disability in Australia. the NDIS was established by the national disability insurance scheme act of 2013 and began rollout in July 2016 providing funding to 460,000 Australians who have a permanent and significant disability with funding for support and services.
The scheme has been designed to give people with a disability greater choice and control over the support they receive, providing eligible individuals with funding based on their personal needs, lifelong goals, and aspirations.
Who is eligible for NDIS?
To receive funding from the NDIS, you must be eligible and meet the requirements to become a participant.
- Have a permanent disability that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities.
- Be aged less than 65 and 55 for indigenous, when you first enter the NDIS.
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent visa or a protected special category visa;
- And live in Australia where the NDIS is available.
If unsure or ready to apply for NDIS funding, click the link below and more information will be provided: https://www.ndis.gov.au/how-apply-ndis/what-access-request-form
For more information about the scheme visit: https://www.ndis.gov.au/
Disability Diversity Care (DDCare) envisions a society in which persons with disabilities have no limitations to participation in the community, the workforce, or their favorite activities. A place in which people with disabilities have the same possibilities as every other citizen and are encouraged to work hard and pursue their goals.
Disability Diversity Care wishes to deliver excellent support services that are fair, flexible, and inclusive, with the aim of creating opportunities for self-determination and empowerment of individuals to live the life of their choice.
We strive to promote our participants’ independence while also improving their quality of life.
- CompassionWe make an effort to understand people and whatever challenges they may be experiencing with compassion and empathy. We take into account their unique situation and extend our support to assist in any manner we can.
- IntegrityWe conduct ourselves ethically in all of our dealings with individuals. Being ethical, moral, honest, and honorable in our behavior is one of our guiding values.
- InclusionWe welcome people from all walks of life, no matter what their differences or abilities are. We strive to provide equal opportunities for both our employees and the participants we serve.
- DiversityWe are a diverse group of people who communicate as a team from different cultures, races, and ages. We value diversity and recognize that individuals from diverse backgrounds require appropriate support.
What Makes Us Unique
- Disability Diversity Care mitigates risks and excels on the strength of the participant to enjoy activities of choice and reach NDIS goals.
- Get the support that suits your needs, whenever and wherever you need it. Our support is tailored to the NDIS goals so that you can accomplish them safely and comfortably at home while actively enjoying the local community.
- We are determined to ensure that our clients receive the services and support they need to be independent. Regardless of disability, everyone deserves to live the way they choose. We wish to promote this idea through our services. Disability Diversity Care (DDCare) delivers quality service to NDIS participants and has carefully curated services to ensure that our clients receive the best possible results.
- We believe that the quality of care, in consideration of culture and beliefs directly impacts results. As such, the services we provide are personalised to meet the needs of each client and their family, ranging from personalised care to travel assistance. Support workers at our service centre are dedicated and highly trained to proactively support individuals with disabilities.
What We Do
Disability Diversity Care is a licensed NDIS service provider that encourages persons with disabilities to pursue success in whatever way that suits them. We accomplish this by providing support to our participants using a person-centered and strengths-based approach, in which we consider many facets of the participant’s life and tailor how their support is delivered so that it is efficient, adaptable, and seamlessly fits into their way of life.
We assist participants in navigating the NDIS and guide them to obtain the goals they’re seeking while explaining every step of the process because we recognize that the complicated systems of the NDIS can be challenging to manage at times. Our staff helps participants set up their support plan so they may get scheduled support on the days and times that work best for them.
We deliver the type of support that follows your personal choices and preferences.
For your various needs, we offer services with customized solutions. To determine the kind of help our new participants or referrals require, taking into account their preferences, interests, ambitions, etc., we make sure to set aside time to get to know them better.
To learn how our services address your needs or concerns, please consider sending us a message.